Some quick facts about La Lengua’s food policy:
- La Lengua follows the Federal Food Program.
- In accordance with this policy, La Lengua provides only water and 1% milk to the children, no juice.
- La Lengua is a nut-free school.
- Snacks and lunch are provided at no additional cost, but parents are encouraged to bring fresh vegetables on Thursdays for soup day.
- Although meals and snacks are offered at set time, healthy snacks of fruit, cereal, and the like are available to children throughout the day if they are hungry.
- Parents are welcome to bring in treats for special occasions and La Lengua will respect any dietary restrictions indicated.
(examples only, subject to change)
- Morning Snack: Oatmeal with apples, yogurt, fruit and toast, or pancakes.
- Lunch: Mac n’ cheese, scrambled eggs, pizza, spaghetti, stir fy, rice and beans, quesadillas, turkey burgers, chicken and rice. Every Thursday is soup day with parents contributing fresh vegetables to the pot.
- Afternoon Snack: Crackers and applesauce, toast and cheese, and on days with lighter lunches, mini meals are offered: beans and rice, quesadillas.